Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Weather here has matched my mood - overcast with bits of sun and lots of rain. Last night we had another thunderstorm - I think this has been the most thunderstorms I have seen since I moved here - quite impressive - if you like thunderstorms that is - if not not so great.

Yesterday I got up bright and early and went outside and swept up more of the balcony - got more than 1/2 of it done - and now with the wind and rain it will look like I have not touched it in months - SIGH. I did take a couple of pictures of the awesome bunch of sweet peas that are taking over part of the rose garden.



Ta da - there - three photos of my 'sweet pea' patch.

Today woke up to more rain - it is now sunny - so no idea what will happen for the rest of the day. I am heading out to Mohmodaya - thought Suzanne and I would be going - but Gehan and Mom are also coming along - so I will be the driver. Must admit that when the three of them get together I feel very much like an outsider as they spend all their time talking - in Arabic of course - and I just drive. And most times I am able to deal with it - but right now I am feeling rather 'fragile' and not sure how I will cope - but somehow I will manage to get through this day.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry, things aren't all "sunshine and rosey" for you lately. I wish there was something I could do for you.

I LOVE the pics of your garden. It's so surreal to me to see such thick and beautiful greenery with flowers on it.

on the edge said...

Beautiful flowers , much like you honey . Hey ... why aren't you following my blog too ?LOL !

Mami said...

oh I love those plants, hopefully the weather gets better, we have had very bad weather even a few tornadoes. Allhomduliallah nothing affect us.!