Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shock of all shocks - two posts in one day. This will be a short one.

Got up this morning and did some laundry and had breakfast. Went for a walk with Suzanne - something we have been doing for a week - left around 8:30 - got back just before 10 - and horror of all horrors there was no power - so not only did we have to walk up the stairs but there was no light - and let me tell you - it was pitch black. There are NO windows in the stairwell. Around the 10th floor - which is where Suzanne lives - it started to get brighter - light from the rooftop made it down 5 flights. So for the last four flights at least I was not doing it blind. Rested for 10 minutes and then headed down - Suzanne wanted to go and get some fateera for Shereen to take with her on her flight - and the bakery she wanted to go to was quite away away - so I said I would go with her - big mistake. Lots of goodies - and reasonably priced. I bought two 'little' fateera - the size of a salad plate. I also bought some coconut macaroons and some other goodies - hard to describe them - my favourite though tastes a lot like pastry -thicker though - and has black sesame seeds on it - very good plain -but with strawberry jam - excellent. When I got home from the bakery - the power was back on and the elevator was working - thank goodness.

Got my laundry hung up to dry and another load washing. Had a shower - sure did need one - I was soooo sweaty.

Sharon came over for a wee visit and then I vegged in front of the TV - cannot quite figure out why I am so tired - I just hope I can get out of bed tomorrow. I am now heading to bed and it is 9:11 p.m.

No comments: