Sunday, February 03, 2008

Just a very short post to assure everyone that I am fine - my leg is about 95% back to normal - still a bit swollen and the area that was infected is still tender to the touch - but I am quite content that it is on the road to recovery. Internet access in Egypt is hit and miss - even more so than usual due to the fact that one or two - depending on the report you read - of the underwater cables have been damaged (rumour has it that an anchor damaged them) - leaving 80% of Egypt without internet - or leaving Egypt without internet 80% of the time - whichever way you want to read it. I have internet now - but no guarantee that I will have it for very long - hence the short post. But did want to let everyone know that I am healthy and starting to work on my goals - slowly but surely.

Last week we had a wingding of a wind storm - so glad I was frivolous and got new windows - at least my bedroom was windproofed and the dust was kept to a minimum. But I was begining to think that all the satellite dishes were going to be ripped from their moorings and fly away - a lot of creaking and groaning went on. We are now back to nice weather - highs in the high teens - lows in the low teens - Aymn told me that it was the coldest temperatures in over 50 years - as I did not have access to the internet or TV - due to my satellite dish being blown around - I had no idea - just knew it was windier than windy.

Anyway - in a week or so - in shaa allah - they are saying the internet will be back to 'normal' and I will post and upload some pics from the holidays.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

YAy! Glad for the post! I thought the wind might of blown you away. LOL! Good that you got new windows, eh?

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen,

I am worried about Safa. She has her blog private. She doesn't receive much help from his relatives there in Egypt. Please ask her if I can E-mail her.


Amirah
amiragabrielle@aol.com

Simply Eva said...

It was windy as hell here too in most of usa. we had winds over 50 mph here in my city. it was crazzzzy--i felt like dorothy--thought the house was gonna lift off its foundation, but thankfully we made it through. crazy as it sounds--i do enjoy the occasional sandstorm in egypt--just makes it all the more exotic.

Safa said...

I'm looking forward to seeing ur holiday pics and reading you.

I'm on the edge of my seat to see if you start ur post with the word....Well.......

LOL!!!

Safa said...

Oh hey....I'm so bad. You haven't started a post with the word Well for a long time. I think you've actually kicked the habit.....YAY!

Anonymous said...

Agh! finally found you, havent read your blog sight yet. Hope your leg is ok. Remember informatics we really really miss your pizza and your company. Sarah , linda , rose say hi, I will read all your info and get back to you. Love Joanne xxxxx

Susan said...

Where is the world is Maureen???