Sunday, February 25, 2007

Well today has been another quiet day. Weather was not very great - rained early in the morning and then was cloudy and windy most of the day with a few sunny breaks - not conducive to working in the garden. Actually the last four days - since Aymn left - have not been great for working out doors and I promised him I would get some work done - thought he would be gone for at least a week - but should have known better - he is on his way back - crossed the border a couple of hours ago - now I will never hear the end of my not getting the yard work done - oh well - such is life in the fast lane. Would have done it - but the weather has been really quite windy and chilly - did manage to get the garden watered - ended up getting quite wet myself because it was so windy - and even got Popeye a bit of a shower - not sure he appreciated it much. Since there is not really a lot of news to report I will put some pics of the garden in the blog - so you can see what we have - of course the pics were taken last year in the fall - and it looked much better then than it does now - most things have gone to sleep - with the exception of the weeks. We still have some hibiscus blooming and the geraniums are doing really well. Anyway - hope you enjoy the pictures.



One of these days I am hoping to get some pics taken of the apartment and then I will give you a tour of the new (well sort of) place. Just need to get my mind and time going at the same time - I always think of it at night -and of course it will be better to take pictures during the day.

Okay, this is view is on the east side of the balcony - looking south - kind of - not really sure of the accuracy of the north-south line. But you can see the gazebo Aymn had built, one of these years we are hoping that the bouganvilla, jasmine and other plants will cover it and make a nice shaded area.






This view is along the south side of the balcony - notice the tall building on the right side of the balcony wall - well it was 18 floors high - but a new governor came in and is enforcing the building code that no buildings can be higher than 11 floors, and he is not open to bribes - so that building had to have seven floors taken off - needless to say the governor is not in favour with all the builders - they arelosing money. In the foreground is the rose garden - there are 50 little rose bushes planted, quite a sight when they are blooming - a real disaster for weeding though.



Another view of the gazebo - to the left at the corner is one of the norfolk island pine trees that Aymn bought for me after I noticed them at a 'garden centre' and commented how much I liked them. He came home with two of them a few days later.









One of my favourite plants - love the two colours on one bush - unfortunately the plant is quite brittle and the winds destroyed both of them - will get two more - and stake them up so the wind does not knock them about so much - will also make sure they are planted much deeper.










And of course a picture of my favourite gardener, he spends a lot of time looking after his babies, in this picture he is washing down the balcony, needless to say I am quite happy to leave this chore to him - only fair as it was his bright idea to have such an elaborate garden.











5 comments:

Safa said...

I've seen a similar gazebo, and they had a sort of top cover on it that was made from weaved leaves or something.....it was really nice looking...I gotta take a picture of it....cuz I was thinking when we make the covered parking in the villa to make the same thing.....

Anonymous said...

The garden reflects all your love . So green and lush . Keep up the good work .

Anonymous said...

YOu are so lucky to have such a HUGE patio and garden. Yes, I can see that it must be a lot of work to keep up with it, but it is so GORGEOUS!

Susan said...

A local garden centre here told me last summer I needed to be able to have the roses facing north (since we rent-not an option). Have you ever heard of this before? I noticed you said yours were facing south.

egianqueen said...

Cairogal - I had never heard that roses needed to face north - I do believe my parent's garden in Canada has the roses facing south - and we had a 'gardener' plant them - and facing north is not an option - the balcony faces east and south - the flat takes up the other sides.